Maine is a rugged and sprawling landscape of nearly 31,000 square miles, nearly as large as the rest of New England combined. With a population of only 1.2 million, this great space offers roughly 15 acres per resident. The Pine Tree State’s remarkable geographic and biological diversity may best be represented by the vivid images Americans tend to share: lobsters and moose, white pines and potatoes, blueberries, black flies and black bears, pointed firs, craggy coastlines and cozy home towns. Maine is the first state to greet the sunrise every day—and the first to see the sunset as well. U.S. Rte. 1 and the Appalachian trail both ends (or begin) here. Piscataquis County is the only designated frontier county east of the Mississippi while Aroostook ("The County") is larger than Connecticut and Rhode Island together with a good chunk of Massachusetts thrown in. The state motto is "Dirigo: I lead,": and in many ways Mainers and their place continue to embody the old adage, "As Maine Goes, So Goes the Nation".
- One of the best environments for rearing children in the U.S.
- Over 50 community health centers and other rural health clinics providing quality primary care for underserved communities.
- Over 40 modern hospitals.
- 6,000 lakes and ponds.
- 32,000 miles of rivers and streams.
- 17 million acres of forestland.
- 5,000 miles of rugged coastline.
- 2,000 off shore islands.
- The second most visited National Park in the U.S. (Acadia).
- 98% of lowbush blueberries in the U.S.
- The best lobster in the world- and over 40 millions pounds of it annually.
- Some of the best schools, colleges and universities in the U.S.
- The nation’s highest percentage of high school graduates and lowest rate of teenage pregnancy.
- A fantastic quality of life—and great places to grow up!
New Openings—inquire within!!!
Check out individual provider sites for the most up to date openings.
MAINE NEEDS DENTISTS!!! And, Maine is truly a Land of Great Opportunity for Dentists, both new graduates, particularly those looking for loan repayment, and seasoned providers who are perhaps looking to step away from the demands of running a practice and working five or six or even four days a week. Maine does offer some unique incentives including a loan forgiveness program through the Finance Authority of Maine and a new program exempting dentists new to Maine from paying State Income Taxes.
Registered Nurse Recruiting
Maine does not currently have a centralized nursing recruitment resource. Register here if interested in CHC/FQHC. For a list of Maine hospitals, some of which include nursing vacancies, go to the websites below and browse individual hospital listings. Nursing positions also appear on Jobs in Maine from time to time.