Register today to get full access
to jobs across the nation.

Register For Free

Carrie Torgersen

Utah 3RNET Network Coordinator

Tel: 435-638-7449

“Utah is a wonderful place to live and work. Utah's economy, internationally recognized for its rapid job growth, low unemployment, and increasing diversity, is as strong as it has ever been. Utah is truly an incredible place to live. Utah's low crime rate and growing job market, coupled with our beautiful surroundings, make it difficult to find a place more suitable to live and raise a family!”

Team Member Photo

How I can help your job search:

If you are a health care professional interested in living and working in Utah, Carrie can:

  • Answer questions you may have about current job openings across Utah
  • Guide you on how the National Health Service Corps works in Utah
  • Provide information on Utah-specific loan repayment programs
  • Help you navigate the J-1 Visa Waiver process in Utah
  • Tell you more about Utah’s state-specific incentives for health care professionals

Carrie is an employee of the Southern Utah AHEC, Southern Utah University. She and her organization coordinate 3RNET activities in Utah.

An additional 3RNET contact in Utah is: Anna West, Tel: 801-231-3044

Health Care Employers in Utah

Health Care Employers in Utah

You'll find jobs on 3RNET from these types of health care employers in Utah:

  • Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs)
  • Community Health Centers (CHCs)
  • Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
  • Indian Health Service sites
  • National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment sites
  • National Health Service Corps Scholar sites
  • Private Practices

J-1 Visas in Utah

J-1 Visas in Utah

If you want to obtain a J-1 Waiver in Utah, here’s what you need to do:

  1. Start your job search about 18 months prior to when you want to start working.
  2. Find a job at an eligible J-1 site in our state. You can search for J-1 eligible jobs on 3RNET. Start your J-1 job search in Utah now.
  3. Connect with the J-1 contact to ask questions and learn about additional steps you may need to take.

The PCRH supports the Conrad State 30 J-1 Visa Waiver Program and is the agency designated by the Governor of the State of Utah and the United States Department of State to act as the "Interested Government Agency" for physicians requesting J-1 Visa Waivers in the State of Utah. For general information on the State of Utah Conrad State 30 Program activities, you can review the "Conrad State 30/J-1 Visa Waiver Program Fact Sheet."

PLEASE NOTE: As of April 20, 2009, only the following counties are eligible for J-1 visa waiver placements: Cache, Daggett, Duchesne, Emery, Garfield, Grand, Juab, Kane, Piute, Utah, and Wayne, as well as select primary care HPSA, designated Census Tracts: Central Weber, Magna, Midvale, South, Southeast, and West Valley located in Salt Lake and Weber counties.

The need in those communities not listed has been filled. You can go to the following web site to see if an employment site is located in a "primary care" health professional shortage area (HPSA), or you can view an HPSA map by clicking on "Health Professional Shortage Areas" or the button to the left with the same title. Utah does not use medically underserved areas or medically underserved populations (MUA/MUP) designations to consider employment sites eligible for J-1 visa waiver placements.

J-1 VISA WAIVER requests Will ALSO be considered by the Utah Department of Health for Specialists and Sub-Specialists practicing in NON-HPSA designated areas, if the employment site meets the FLEX Slot requirements listed below.

"Primary Care" physicians include Family Practice, Gynecologic, Internal Medicine, Obstetric, Pediatric, and Psychiatry.

Physicians with J-1 Visa must find a position in the State of Utah. We do not place providers or match with sites. The site must meet the US Department of State eligibility criteria.

J-1 Visa Contact in Utah:

Anna West, MS
Utah Department of Health and Human Services
Tel: 801-231-3044

For Utah Employers

For Utah Employers

If you’re a health care employer in Utah and you’d like to post your jobs on 3RNET, please fill out our employer application form which will be sent to the Utah Network Coordinator. If you have specific questions about using 3RNET in Utah, please contact 3RNET’s Utah Network Coordinator, Carrie Torgersen.