An Employer's Guide to Workforce Programs
This guide provides a general overview for employers of three programs important to the health care workforce in rural and underserved areas: health professional shortage areas (HPSAs), loan repayment programs, and the Conrad 30 J-1 Visa Waiver program.
- The most important piece of advice we can give about HPSAs?
- What is a HPSA?
- To learn more about HPSAs
- How can you find out if your area or facility has a HPSA designation?
- Types of HPSAs
- What should you, a health care employer, know about HPSAs?
- The most important piece of advice we can give about loan repayment?
- Terms you need to know
- Where can you learn more about repayment programs in your state?
- Common Loan Repayment Programs
- Other Programs
- Other Important Things to Know About Loan Repayment Programs
- Why is a Waiver Needed?
- Steps to the J-1 Waiver Process
- Once You Find a Candidate You Want
- About the Conrad 30 Program
- How States Determine Areas of Need
- Potential State Variations
- Other Agencies That Offer Waivers
- Questions to ask the PCO
- Job Seeker
- State J-1 Waiver Officer
Read our section contributed by immigration attorney, Bob Aronson, here.