Register today to get full access
to jobs across the nation.

Register For Free

Alabama Office of Primary Care and Rural Health

Alabama 3RNET Network Coordinator

Tel: 334-206-5425

"If you have questions about living and working in Alabama, let us know. We’re home to some of the top medical programs in the U.S. and some of the most sugar-white beaches in the world."

Team Member Photo

How I can help your job search:

The Alabama Office of Primary Care and Rural Health coordinates 3RNET activities in Alabama. ADPH works with health care professionals interested in working in Alabama in several ways.

If you are a health care professional interested in living and working in Alabama, ADPH can:

  • Answer questions you may have about current job openings across Alabama
  • Guide you on how the National Health Service Corps works in Alabama
  • Provide information on Alabama-specific loan repayment programs
  • Help you navigate the J-1 Visa Waiver process in Alabama
  • Tell you more about state incentives Alabama offers health care professionals
Behavioral Health Resources in Alabama

Behavioral Health Resources in Alabama

Job search support is provided for the following behavioral health disciplines:

  • Licensed Clinical Social Worker
  • Licensed Professional Counselor
  • Substance Use Disorder Counselor
  • Licensed Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor
  • Peer Recovery Support Specialist
  • Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
  • Behavioral Health Therapist
  • Clinical Mental Health Counselor
  • Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
  • Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
  • Psychiatrist
  • Clinical Psychologist
  • Addiction Medicine Physician

Additional Resources: 

Pipeline and pathway programs into behavioral health fields:

Behavioral Health Workforce Recruitment Contact in Alabama:

Robert Jordan
Tel: 334-206-5425

Alabama - About J-1 Visas

J-1 Visas in Alabama

If you want to obtain a J-1 Visa Waiver in Alabama, here’s what you need to do:

  1. Start your job search about 18 months prior to when you want to start working.
  2. Find a job at an eligible J-1 site in our state. You can search for J-1 eligible jobs on 3RNET. Start your J-1 job search in Alabama now.
  3. Connect with the J-1 contact to ask questions and learn about additional steps you may need to take.

Alabama J-1 Visa Waiver Program

J-1 Visa Contact in Alabama:

Jessica Gilley
Alabama Department of Public Health, Office of Primary Care & Rural Health
Tel: 334-206-7012 

Health Care Employers in Alabama

Health Care Employers in Alabama

You'll find jobs on 3RNET from these types of health care employers in Alabama:

  • Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs)
  • Community Health Centers (CHCs)
  • Community Mental Health Centers (CMHCs)
  • Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
  • National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment sites
  • National Health Service Corps Scholar sites
  • Private Practice Clinics in Rural Areas and/or HPSAs
  • Rural Health Clinics (RHCs)
  • Small, Rural Hopsitals
  • Veterans Affairs sites
For Alabama Employers

For Alabama Employers

If you’re a health care employer in Alabama and you’d like to post your jobs on 3RNET, please fill out our employer application form which will be sent to the Alabama Network Coordinator.

If you have specific questions about using 3RNET in Alabama, please contact 3RNET’s Alabama Network Coordinator.