In 1973, the nation’s first Office of Rural Health was created within the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. At its inception, the Office was charged with assisting underserved communities by creating and supporting a network of rural health centers across the state. Since then, the Office has expanded to empower communities and populations by developing innovative strategies to improve access, quality, and cost-effectiveness of health care for all. The Office of Rural Health and Community Care provides services in every county in North Carolina and currently supports rural health centers with funding and technical support.
Physicians, Behavioral Health Therapists, and Dental Providers: Our Services will help you identify opportunities throughout the State that match your personal and professional needs. These opportunities are located in a variety of practice settings including Federally Qualified Health Centers, State-Sponsored Rural Health Centers, and some County Health Departments.
If you want to make a positive difference in the delivery of primary medical, dental and behavioral health care to people in rural and underserved areas, North Carolina is looking for you. Here are a few facts about North Carolina:
- Low cost of living
- NHSC Loan Repayment available
- NHSC Scholarship locations available
- State Loan Repayment Program (Federal)
- Rural and Urban availability
- NC State Loan Repayment (State)
- High Needs Service Bonus (State)
Our medical placement service staff provides primary care recruitment assistance to rural communities with no placement fees.
- Family Practice Physicians
- Family Practice w/OB
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Family Physician/Internal Medicine
- Dental Hygienists
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialist
- Health Service Psychologist (Clinical & Counseling)
We are actively recruiting Dentists. We have opportunities across the state.
Mental Health Recruiting
We are actively recruiting Psychiatrists and behavioral health therapists. We have opportunities across the state.
Registered Nurse Recruiting
Our state does not currently recruit Registered Nurses (RNs).
For Nursing opportunities, please contact the North Carolina Nursing Association at: 919-821-4250