We’re celebrating National Rural Health Day and the #PowerOfRural by celebrating rural facilities who have been successful in their recruitment efforts. Recruiting health care providers can be a challenge—especially in rural areas. We’re recognizing rural facilities for their recruitment excellence!
Today we're highlighting Sarrell Dental Center that has nine locations in Alabama. Sarrell Dental recruited two dentists through 3RNet! Congrats!
Read about Sarrell Dental Center's community, facility, and more:
Tell us a bit about Sarrell Dental Center.
Sarrell Dental Center was founded in 2004 in Anniston, Alabama following a county-wide health assessment that identified a lack of access to dental care, specifically for children on Medicaid. In order to help bridge the gap, Sarrell Dental opened and has since expanded to 15 communities throughout the state. In 2006, optical care was added as an additional service and is now offered along-side dental care in 9 Sarrell Dental & Eye locations in Alabama.
Sarrell Dental & Eye Centers are affiliated care delivery practices of DentaQuest, dedicated to increasing access to care in underserved communities throughout the United States. DentaQuest practices include over 200 providers and over 80 practices across six states, with more than 700 employees providing care to over a quarter of a million patients annually.
Locations: Alexander City*, Anniston*, Athens*, Attalla, Bessemer*, Boaz*, Clanton*, Dothan*, Enterprise, Montgomery*, Leesburg, Pinson, Selma, Tuscaloosa*, Talladega (*eye care)
Why do people enjoy working at Sarrell Dental Center?
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose: we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay, where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives, where every person has access to quality dental care.
We are dedicated to our mission: To improve the oral health of all. We harness our unique reach and insights to provide patients with better care, timely education, greater access, innovative solutions, and transformative system change. We call this industry leading approach to dentistry - Preventistry®.
Our providers are committed to driving change by introducing innovative approaches to care, implementing proven best practices and accessing research and resources that reach beyond the dental chair. We measure success in changed lives, quality outcomes and meaningful patient experiences to create a business that is both sustainable and accessible.
Dr. Iwona Zajkowski (3RNet Recruit): “When I came across Sarrell Dental and DentaQuest’s mission and values, I knew right away that this is a place I want to work. Having a great team of doctors, hygienists, assistants and office staff who are friendly create a supportive and positive working environment. I have time to concentrate on providing dental care to my patients, while our staff takes care of everything else.”
Dr. Iwona Zajkowski (3RNet Recruit): “Growing up in a small town of southern Poland has helped me greatly to relate to patients who face financial hardship or come from disadvantaged backgrounds. I believe that everyone deserves access to good dental and medical care. It is satisfying to know that as a dentist, I am able to provide such services and see patients who otherwise could not be seen.”
What makes Alabama a great place to live and work?
Sarrell Dental Centers are located throughout the state of Alabama. While each location serves a different community, the patient population and barriers to care remain the same. Our providers have the opportunity to serve the patient base they care about, while living in a community that appeals to their varied interests. Most of our providers both live and work in the community they serve and they are dedicate to making an impact beyond the walls of their practice.
Dr. Iwona Zajkowski: “After visiting beautiful Boaz, Alabama for the first time in my life, there was no question that I was going to live there and enjoy the beautiful lakes and mountains everyday. “
Please tell us about your connection to 3RNet.org and/or your 3RNet member.
Rob Boyles from the Alabama Department of Public Health has been a great partner in the dental community. He is very supportive and understanding of our mission and hiring needs. He understands who we are and what impact we hope to make. He has been a great partner to help us meet the needs of our communities. We are very grateful for his support and partnership.
We chose to use 3RNet as a resources because it speaks to and attracts the providers that truly enjoy giving back and making an impact in underserved communities. These providers have an interest in working in a community health setting, such as our practices, and 3RNet is a valuable resource in connecting these individuals with our company. These are the types of providers that thrive in our network and help our organization achieve our overall mission: To improve the oral health of all.
Tell us why you think you're successful with your recruitment and retention efforts.
DentaQuest has created an organization and environment that is not only beneficial to the communities served, but that fosters continued career growth, provides access to industry research and innovative approaches to care. Some of the programs we offer are:
- The loan repayment program: We want to share the success of the company through incentive programs to our employees. The loan repayment benefit allows us to attract dedicated dentists with a passion for our mission and incentivizes them to stay by helping to pay off student loan debt.
- Our large network of providers: Our providers are of all career levels. We have created an environment of learning that provides a unique opportunity for continued growth and peer collaboration which allows for mentorship of new dentists. In doing this, we want to empower and provide the necessary resources for our providers to become leaders in clinical care.
- Continued education courses: We regularly offer free continued education courses that allow providers to get the credits and certifications they need in a way that is easy for them to access. This program is another effort in providing the necessary resources to become leaders in clinical care.
- We provide care with a purpose and a mission: To improve the oral health of all. This mission attracts and retains dedicated professionals looking to make a difference beyond the dental chair. DentaQuest’s extensive experience as a leading dental benefits administrator, coupled with a network of affiliated care delivery practices that provide an innovative approach to the delivery of oral health care creates a strong partnership for optimizing health system performance. Our providers are given the tools needed to make an impact in the communities they serve and together we are making a difference throughout the nation in not only the lives of people but in a broken health care system.
- Business and administrative support: Our business model allows a provider to focus on providing quality patient care. We have teams to provide core business functions including IT, finance, compliance, and marketing.
Share a piece of advice! What would you tell someone who is recruiting or someone who is being recruited?
If you are being recruited, go in with awareness and transparency. Take your time deciding. Ask questions. You are interviewing the company as much as they are interviewing you.
Recruiters - take the time to get to know your candidate and let them get to know you. Find out what drives them.
Dr. Iwona Zajkowski, a provider at Sarrell Dental who was recruited through 3RNet.
Sarrell Dental Center in Boaz, Alabama